Ever wondered, ‘What is brand photography?’.
This blog takes a look at everything you need to know about brand photography, why it’s become a business essential and the reasons you should work with a brand photographer sooner rather than later.
Let’s dive in straight away by defining exactly what brand photography is.
Brand photography is- A curated collection of individual photos that work together to:
- Establish your brand’s visual identity
- Create brand cohesion (a uniform brand look)
- Reinforce your business’ unique brand persona
- Showcase specific brand colours (also known as a brand colour palette)
- Cement signature styling and create guidelines for your brand’s product photography
- Build familiarity and trust with the target audience
- Maintain brand consistency
Things to know about branding photography
The truth is, brand photography immediately sets your brand apart. Over the last decade we have been inundated with beautiful, curated social media feeds and whether we realise it or not, we all have a standard of how we believe a ‘real’ brand should present themselves.
Professional looking images are your ticket into the hearts of your target market because we like to interact and buy from businesses that are professional at every touch point.
Why branding photographer has become a business essential
Branding photography is increasing in popularity because it delivers results and converts browsers to buyers along with:
- Taking you from rookie to specialist- You know your business/ product/ service is amazing. Now your brand imagery can live up to your product’s standard.
- Creating brand recognition- You need to stand out if you want to make money, grow and become successful. The market is cluttered with businesses vying for attention so make an impact.
- Opening up business opportunities- Collaborations are one of the modern way’s businesses promote themselves and get noticed, so if you want to collab with great businesses you need to commit to looking the part before other businesses will consider collaborating with you.
- Providing lots of visual content- Content is king in the online world and is necessary for every business. Having a suite of brand photos to draw on means you definitely won’t run out of content quickly.
- Becoming a sales tool. When your product or brand looks good, you can sell with ease because the photo does the heavy lifting for you.
Reasons to work with a branding photographer sooner rather than later
- There are several reasons to welcome a branding photographer into your business world. Here are my top reasons:
- First Impressions Count- This idea ties back to what I mentioned earlier. We all have expectations of what a reputable business looks like (even if it’s subconscious) so brand photography makes first exchanges with your target market memorable and impressive.
- You’ll Look Legitimate- Build immediate trust by looking the part. Which leads me to the next point…
- Browsers will become buyers more quickly- If you look professional on socials people will believe you run every facet of your business with professionalism and will be willing to commit to your brand much faster than a business who has inconsistent or subpar content.
How branding photography works with Sarah from Brand Eliza
If you’re interested in knowing a little bit more about what it’s like to engage me as your brand photographer, below is a little bit about my process.
Who I work with
Firstly, I provide branding photography for women who are struggling to display their products in the best light and want to deliver images that speak to their audience and build their social media profile.
I work with brands whose target markets are women and mothers and fall into the women products or children’s products category.
I also offer service-based businesses imagery that suits their brand, colours, style and theme for different topics they wish to communicate across with their brand.
Ultimately, I’m here to take the hassle away for you so you no longer have to waste your precious time trying to figure out the best way to display your products.
What I do
I create brand content by shooting your products and branding materials all styled to suit your brand, colours, tones and styles. Think flat-lay style of images.
Your brand will be captured in a range of set ups which means you won’t need to worry about creating imagery for socials and other advertising materials.
It really does come down to ensuring exceptional attention to detail and I take pride in delivering quality images that get you and your customers excited about your products.
Where to use your images
Your professional images can be used for socials, marketing campaigns, print media, catalogues, banners, signage and websites.
Photography Equipment I use
I only use Professional camera equipment – I have 4 camera kits and use Nikon D850, D810 and x 2 D500 professional DSLRs with a combination of prime and zoom lenses and other professional equipment.
All the cameras I use have dual memory cards used in a backup configuration so each camera will have two copies in case one card fails.
I only use premium quality SanDisk memory cards to minimise any data loss.
Receiving your images
All images are backed up and once each image is retouched it is delivered via an online gallery to you. Your professional images are provided in both high and low resolution.
Let’s talk about brand photography that will showcase your brand. Contact me here